Friday, December 13, 2019

QCX Software updated to 1.03

I Just noticed that there have been a couple of software updates to the QCX since last I checked (1.01a).   On 3 December Hans Summers announced the release of software version 1.03 for the QCX.


As I don't update software all that often I thought I would take a screen shot so I'll have a record of which software I used (so I'll know for next time).

It only took a few minutes and without issue.

There is some added functionality, which includes the following: -
- CAT Control (TS-480 subset, see manual)
- Real time clock option, in bottom right of display, enabled by menu "7.8 Show clock"
- Clock will be automatically set from GPS if it is temporarily connected
- GPS plugged in, puts the radio in Practice mode AND does not key it anymore
- When GPS is plugged and removed, Practice mode is automatically switched off again
- Setting speed to 0, puts the QCX in Straight key mode
- Remove spurious short TX enable at power-up

There is an updated manual with additional info for Version 1.03 .

See: -
Custom splash and Clock function on p.101.
CAT Control commands (PC remote operation) on p.109.

No comments:

Post a Comment