Monday, August 19, 2024

A Birthday Paddle

I've been working on getting my CW up to a usable standard, and thought I should treat myself to a new paddle for portable use. The QMX is an amazing radio and it required a suitable paddle.  I bought a cheep one (Whiterook Products - Model MK-44) a year or two back, but it more of a toy and wasn't up to scratch.  

 


My next effort was to make one using two Capacitive Touch Sensors .  The concept worked reasonably well.  The CW purist would hate it but for a novice like me it worked well enough.  However the capacitive nature of the sensors meant that even if your fingers came close to the sensors it would trigger which meant that there was a real lack of tactile feedback.


Time to spend up big. Well not really.  I settled on a PUTIKEEG  paddle from China, for about $54.00 (AU).  Not the BaMaKeY TP-III - ultra compact twin paddle at 161,00 EUR plus postage.  Maybe later!


The PUTIKEEG paddle, I find, is a great for the price and I'm very happy with its build quality and performance.

I just need to connect the antenna and go for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment